I had a small section of wall in my home, between the garage door and the kitchen, that had been and screaming for something to be added to it. I decided that I wanted an EAT sign to go there. But rather than a painted sign I decided to do string art! Psst.. This was over a year ago now. I just found the pictures I took during the process and figured I would post a somewhat "how to". I apologize in advance as I forgot to take pictures of the actual string portion of the process. I know! This probably seems like the most important part. I believe it is not! I didn't have a tutorial and I just went for it! I encourage everyone to do the same. Just let your creative side take over!
I used a left over piece of rough wood I had from another project. I wanted an unfinished look to it so I only gave it a light sanding instead of making it smooth.
On the back of the piece I traced the hangers (I used two at the top about inches down). I did this so I would know where to make my holes to recess the hangers down into the wood.
Using a chisel I cut out the holes to place the hangers into.
Next I stained it with a dark stain I had that matched my kitchen.
I printed out the letters E, A, T and positioned them on the wood. I did measure the distance between each letter to ensure there was consistency. I secured them on with a bit of tape.
Once the letters where positioned where I wanted them, I used them as a guide to hammer in my nails. After the nails were in I started to add my string. I did play around with the string a bit to try and follow a pattern and make sure it looked even.
And Voila!








No comments:
Post a Comment